vendredi, juillet 23, 2004
  and I like eggs over easy
My mind has finally recovered. I had a nice long nap tonight - with crazy dreams and everything - and I think I'm rejuvenated. That stampeding takes a toll on the body! Party Wednesday, party Thursday, party Friday, rafting in the hot sun Saturday, party Sunday, relax Monday, party Tuesday (with George Strait, duh!). NO MORE BEER, I say.

I have had some excellent fun, though. It actually started two Mondays ago, when I was having a rough day (with various situations with A-list and Shiraz driving me crazy). Pammy said "come for a drink - you need it!" So I met up with her and Tone-L over at Sam's in Kensington and we had a really nice discussion about people and their issues, about my upcoming school plans, and about our own friendships. The three of us really do have a great time together these days.

Then the real Stampede craziness began on Wednesday with our staff party. Okay, the staff party itself was actually pretty lame (here, lawyers, take this table; here, non-lawyers, take this other table). And that was the day that I went to our office manager regarding my "harasser", so there was a bit of anxiety on my part and on hers (the firm is rather exposed with a situation like this). Luckily, I've been starting to get friendlier with Silence, a cool lawyer from our litigation department, and we ended up chatting quite a bit. He was actually an excellent resource through all this sexual harassment business - a nice objective, lawyerly mind (imagine that). He invited me to join him and his assistant Court as they continued their party at a friend's place. I decided that was an excellent plan, so we went to his buddy's house to ramp up our alcohol intake. That was fun. Court and I took turns playing DJ; our host dug out shooter-worthy booze (malibu rum and butter ripple schnapps); we had some interesting discussions about lawyers and about sex (sex seems to come up a lot in conversations when you're drinking, does it not?). Then it was time to depart for our next destination: Coyote's. We were smart and ate first when we got there, then proceeded to drink and dance the night away. Very fun. It was nice to get to know both Silence and Court a little better.

Thursday we had tickets to the Grandstand show, so Pammy and Tone-L picked me up, we picked up Steph and we cruised down to the C-train in Kensington. We were all pretty hungry, so upon arriving at the Stampede grounds, we hastily started purchasing every manner of crap we saw. I had the sorriest excuse for a cheeseburger ever. Pammy snatched a "top dog". Tone-L scored some bite-sized Yorkshire puddings (I'm not even sure what those are - they were messy, though). Steph was anxious to try a bit of everything, since this was her first Stampede experience, so I believe that's what she did. Bring on the mini-donuts! The chuckwagon races were due to start, so we made the trek to the grandstand to acquire beers and locate our seats. Then the rains came. It poured and poured - throughout most of the chuckwagon race heats. They don't stop for the storms, though; it was a mudfest out there! We took cover inside and chatted for the hour or so 'til the rain stopped. And it stopped on time for us to go out and watch the last two heats. It was hilarious to see the horses, wagons, and drivers absolutely coated in muck. Great entertainment. Then we settled in for the grandstand show. It was a bit long, but there were some great performances. I love the fireworks; they're quite spectacular. I was quite tired that night after the previous night's efforts, so I took off right after the show, while my companions took in some Nashville North for a while. Off to bed for me!

I think that's all the story I'm going to tell for now. There are many nights to cover!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home