mardi, août 24, 2004
  3
...and just like a thirsty field I can't complain a bit
'cause I'm thankful for every single drop I get...


(I was listening to Julie Roberts this morning - that's from Rain on a Tin Roof)

I slept for ten hours last night. It was very good to do that.

This morning I was thinking about the difference between going and leaving. Because I've focussed on the going aspect of my back-to-school plan, you know, making all the arrangements to leave, planning my future life in Lennoxville.

But then there's the leaving; I hadn't really spent much time on that. Because that's the tough part, and I don't really want to focus on it. The NOT being here to spend time with my friends and family. Saying good-bye to my current life, in all its mundane detail - the job, the apartment, the car, the routine. Leaving people behind. One thing that I'm very firm on is bringing my computer with me immediately (as opposed to shipping) and having my internet set up ASAP - so as to facilitate the keeping-in-touch with people, albeit electronically. My best living friend in Lennoxville will be my cat. Heh.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home