mercredi, août 18, 2004
  meow
So a hundred and twenty dollars later, the vet says I should take Salsa with me across the country. I think I liked this vet better than my usual place. Firstly, they specialize in cats, so you gotta believe they know what they're talking about. They had all these cats in nice cages that they board for people, plus a couple kittens and mature cats looking for homes. Big fluffy guys, too. Cats are fun.

Salsa has a recurring infection in one of her claws, for those not in the loop. We've tried antibiotics, which she hates (I'm forced to crush up pills and put it in canned food for her). We've tried washing with antibacterial soap, which I'm not convinced has done much good. The scrubbing at the infected area just seems to inflame and aggravate the situation. The infection does better when I leave it alone. But it doesn't go away. So the vet gave her a shot of some new kind of antibiotic and sold me more pills, which are supposed to be a bit different than the ones we tried before, and won't upset her stomach. That's always a bonus. She also scraped some sample tissue from the infection to do a slide and see if they can tell what's going on. She'll call me tomorrow with the results. We don't think it's cancer. That's good too.

Did I mention she thinks I should take her with me to Quebec? She says the trauma of travel would be less than the trauma of a new home and owner. Maybe I should take her with me...

What do you think, Persuade?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home