mardi, août 31, 2004
  the new packing strategy
(I'm not having such an easy time getting this done.)

I was telling A-list yesterday that I have visions of dumping drawers of my stuff out on the floor when it comes time to move the furniture (that's tonight). And now I've managed to convince myself that maybe that wouldn't be so bad. I have done a certain amount of preparation, in that my junk is pared down somewhat. Having the remainder spread out in front of me might just be a reasonable way to get through it all.

Mom's coming this afternoon to help pack my dishes, since I didn't quite get to that yesterday. Yesterday I vacuum-sealed one bag of sweaters. I sorted CDs. I felt the urge to go biking, and I wanted to watch TV. I've learned that the laws of packing mean that as soon as something is not available for use, you tend to want to use it. I'm resisting packing both the stereo and the computer for this reason.

But today it will get done. The bulk of the packing. Most of the moving. The counting of boxes and suitcases, and the strategizing on getting it all to Lennoxville in the most efficient way possible (quickly, but not necessarily cheaply).
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home