lundi, août 30, 2004
  progress report
My TV's gone! I took a load of stuff over to Keri's today. Figured I could survive TV-less for the next few days. When I was over there, Mom gave me these special large-size-ziploc-type bags designed for packing and storing, that are equipped with a nozzle-thing where you use a vacuum to suck out the air and minimize the size of your stuff. We tried putting three pillows in one and sucked out the air and it was kinda cool to watch - it became quite tiny! Nifty little device.

Today I made some calls. I've now got an account with Hydro Quebec. I've now got a phone number at my new place (you'll have to get that from me). I've paid the pet fee with WestJet ($40). I probably haven't made as much progress as I should have by this point. I'm planning to tackle the packing-of-dishes next.

This upheaval is challenging in that every step of the process involves deciding whether I'm bringing, storing or getting rid of a particular item. How many pairs of shoes? How many bottles of nail polish (my one cosmetic indulgence)? How many dishes? How many blankets? Ship? or pay extra to bring more on the plane? Will I need bug spray? My bathing suit? How many CDs?

My other decision involves getting together with people for drink / lunch before I go. I'm feeling a little too disorganized to start scheduling these things, so I'm thinking of doing this: Wednesday is my designated party night. I'm going to be at Bottoms Up waiting for Pammy to get off work (she bartends there part-time), so any of you that would like to meet me for an after-work drink around 5:00 or 5:30, could you come there...? The address is 3220 17th Ave S.W. (Killarney area). I will be there for at least a few hours. Also, it's a sports pub, so for those interested in watching world cup hockey, it's an excellent place for that (I think Canada's playing Slovakia at 5:00?). We watched most of the NHL playoffs there - great fun. Let me know if you might be up for it, k?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home