jeudi, septembre 23, 2004
  another blurb about the nice
I've never liked the way it smells in Calgary. I could never put my finger on exactly what that scent is, but to me it was almost the smell of grease, like the whole city's been doing too much deep-frying.

Tonight I went to the library for a tour. Now I've been to the library lots before, but since I need to do research for my politics class, I wanted to familiarize myself with the resources available. And it's really cool what they've got available - a bunch of publications online, so we can even do our research from home! I'm such a keener - I'm totally going to start my research tonight, now that I know how.

Anyway, as I was walking home, I was, for the two-hundredth time since I've gotten to Lennoxville, appreciating the natural beauty of this area. It was dark, but since we're basically in the middle of the countryside, there are many elements of nature to savour even without light. The way the grass gets wet with dew shortly after sunset, the way the crickets get even louder (and I hear them ALL DAY LONG anyway), and mostly, the smell of the air. Like some kind of nature-lover, I was walking along inhaling as deeply as I could, trying to fill my lungs with the biggest earthy clean breath possible.

Tonight I was doing some star-gazing too. I could see the big dipper pretty clearly. I found this image, and rotated it to match approximately what I was looking at. Is this what it looks like where you are?


 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home