lundi, septembre 13, 2004
  baby pink toes
What are they trying to do to me...? Those damn Visa people keep upping my limit, just when I'm learning to handle the debt I've got. I've just been getting this $3,000 limit under control (i.e. not hovering around a $3,000 balance constantly), and I check today and they've put me up to $4,500. Don't they know I cannot handle that kind of temptation? I'm a student! I can't start spending money I don't have without an income to even make payments!

Other good news is that it only cost me $98 to ship all my stuff with UPS. They had quoted me $146 based on my weight estimations (I don't have scales, so I was picking stuff up and going "5 lbs? 10 lbs?" and just rounding everything to the nearest 5. I was a little frantic that day - placed an urgent call to Tone-L, "how much does a computer monitor weigh?" He said roughly 20 pounds, so we went with that. I likely overestimated several of the other boxes. Oh, and the 13th box arrived safe and sound on Friday. Not bad delivery service. And the part about losing two mugs in transit...? I've been drinking a lot of tea this weekend, and have to keep washing the same mug over and over. Might be time to invest in a new mug.

And now the bad news. I spoke to Melissa, my ex-neighbor, last night. Melissa was very helpful to me in the packing, and even some of the cleaning of my apartment when I left. She's a bit of a compulsive cleaner, so I thought it couldn't hurt to have her helping me. Anyway, my last night in Calgary was a bit of a gongshow. I got back from family dinner (mmm, t-u-r-k-e-y) rather late and discussed with Melissa whether she'd be okay with finishing the cleaning of my place. All she needed to do was give the kitchen a wipe-down, and then sweep the place out. I gave her a bit of cash and she said no problem. I assumed everything was taken care of, especially since I spoke to her last weekend and she said everything had gone smoothly with our building manager. Well, now she tells me she didn't actually DO any cleaning. I was counting on getting the majority of my damage deposit back, and now I'm not so sure that I will. Sheesh.

And to finish off, more good news. My first class of the day was cancelled. Now I've got another 45 minutes or so to wake up for the next one. Or I could do some reading...

Oh yeah, I changed my internet hook-up date to Thursday, due to a conflict with my class schedule. This no-internet situation kinda sucks.

Oh yeah, I also got a job on the weekend. I'm going to be working as a cook at Sebby's restaurant on the breakfast shift (7 AM - ouch!). At least, I'll be working this coming Saturday. And if it goes well, I'll work Sunday too. Cross your fingers for me. I got a little frantic on Friday when I got my loan money and realized that I was definitely going to fall short at some point this year. Constantly scrimping sucks, and going further into debt would also suck. Finding a job is the solution. So I hope it works out.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home