lundi, septembre 06, 2004
  boys with beers
...everywhere you look in this town, there are boys carrying big cases of beer. Welcome back to student life, Stace.

The other thing I want to mention is that it really is quite pretty in this part of the country. Unlike Calgary when we left, it still feels very much like summer, and we just love the humidity. It's been around 25 degrees or so the last few days. It's green and lush everywhere, and we're on the edge of farm country. Walking to this cafe I was remarking to dilly d that it smells very manure-like tonight (that is not a constant in this town). We've explored various small highways that I'd never ventured down before (never had a car at my disposal as a young student). I really enjoy the hilly landscape.

dilly d leaves tomorrow morning, so I'll be car-less and companion-less. And school is open for business, so I can head to campus and take care of things like picking up one more class, getting my student loan certificates processed, purchasing more books. On the purchasing books front, you all know that university books are outrageously expensive, and I knew that too, but I'm still rather pissed off at the prices I'm seeing here. One of my required books, a fairly average-sized text book, is $158!! ONE-HUNDRED-AND-FIFTY-EIGHT DOLLARS! So I've already started looking on Amazon for a used and cheaper copy. It's totally unfair to ask students to pay that much for required reading material.

One new thing they're trying here is a "fall break" for students. For Thanksgiving, they're giving us a 5-day weekend. I'm thinking I should go visit my friend Christa in Connecticut that weekend. We'll see...

 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home