mercredi, septembre 15, 2004
  I'm right!
I was interested to discover the following information (from this site) just now:

When an inspection is not carried out

If a landlord does not carry out an inspection either before or after the tenancy, he cannot deduct anything from a security deposit for damages.

If your landlord does make a deduction from your security deposit for damages where an inspection was not carried out, you can take legal action to recover the money. Even if you did cause damage to the property, your landlord will not be able to keep any of the security deposit for damage unless a court awards some of the money to the landlord.


I can take legal action to recover the money. Man. At least I know I was right about that much. There was NOT an inspection carried out when I moved into my current apartment. So where do I start - a letter?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home