dimanche, septembre 19, 2004
  job stories, part 2
Today I went to work even earlier than yesterday - 6:30! But they let me go at noon. I'd been warned that Sundays get pretty hectic with the 'church crowd' coming in big groups, and we got totally slammed. Derek (the main cook showing me the ropes) had to put me on dish-duty for a while and pull up Shawn, the dishwasher, to assist him. Shawn's been there for a while, so he's a little quicker in that role than I am. Even washing dishes was pretty busy with the crowd we had today. Then, to make us panic, we were told that a group of 40 people was coming in. That's w-a-y too many meals to cook with the staff resources we had, so calls were made to bring in other senior cooks. By the time the group called to cancel the reservation, Carolyn was already on her way. So I got to leave early. Woot.

Cooking is hard work! We work out butts off, non-stop. My back is killing me.

Time to do some homework. Ah... sitting...!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home