samedi, septembre 18, 2004
  my toes hurt
Today was rather exhausting. I started work at 7 AM - that's earlier than I get up for any of my classes during the week! And I think this restaurant is busier than any I've worked in before. The breakfast 'rush' was manageable, but constant; the lunch rush was plain overwhelming. I can do breakfast pretty easily. Two eggs over easy is the same everywhere. But lunch menus vary a lot. They do ribs, shrimp, and baked potatoes, and these are new to me (in the role of restaurant cook). Oh, and the bills are all in French (even though the kitchen staff is all English): 2 oeufs, tourné, brouillé, pain doré, p. de terre, brochette, crevette.... I'm going to be fluent in kitchen French pretty quick!

I was on my feet for almost seven hours straight, and by the end of my shift my back and feet were feeling it. Things went well, though. I've got time to get up to speed. But they actually want me to take over that shift completely. Eep.

At least I can pay for my cable now. And I'm feeling better after a nap and some yoga. It's more satisfying to actually produce something tangible than to read and study all the time - my life is needing this balance.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home