samedi, septembre 25, 2004
  oh my god i thought i died
I had a little crisis here recently. It involved my computer grinding to a near-halt and me losing my internet connection. My lifeline!

I had spent several hours downloading JBuilder for my computer class earlier this week - and it turns out it's quite the humongous program, so when things started going wrong, I automatically assumed that either something bad got into my system during that process, or it was just hogging too many of my resources. My computer was still working, although at about a tenth its usual speed, so I proceeded to un-install the entire thing, and deleted every associated file from my system. But that didn't work. I was kinda freaking out trying to figure out what I'd done to bring on this disaster.

And it turns out that it was probably just the internet going down. Videotron (the cable company here in Quebec) had a technician working on it all day today. My computer was chugging along because it was trying to connect, and some of my other programs that run automatically at start-up (and need an internet connection) were also having issues.

But yay! it works!

And maybe I didn't need to un-install that whole program. Maybe another 6 hours of downloading it is on the horizon. My computer homework is due soon...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home