mercredi, septembre 15, 2004
  ouf, my aching back
Monday and Wednesday are busy class days. So I have to bring more stuff in my backpack. And it's heavy. Ouch.

In other news, my ex-landlord thought it would be reasonable to charge me $144 for EIGHT HOURS of cleaning. That's $18 per hour! And eight hours...?!! I had the carpets cleaned before I moved out; Melissa spent hours on the bathroom. All that was left was the kitchen, the storage room, and maybe the walls needed to be wiped down (hey, I didn't clean much when I lived there, but I'm not exactly a pig either). I gotta do some research on Alberta tenancy laws to determine what my rights are in this situation, but I'm thinking that some type of letter demanding at least part of that deduction back is in order. I also note that I was not paid any interest on my damage deposit. I know that the rate is stupidly low, but if my $525 was sitting in some type of interest-bearing account since January 2003, I believe I would be entitled to at least a few dollars. These people piss me off.

Yesterday I went to the L'ville town library and got myself a new novel to read. It was Can you keep a secret? by Sophie Kinsella (author of the popular "shopoholic" series). And I proceeded to spend the next 5 or so hours reading it. It's done. Nice work. It's been ages since I spent an entire day just reading like that. I didn't feel like doing school work, so I just didn't.

Anyway, I'm off to class...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home