mercredi, septembre 29, 2004
  September 29
I skipped some classes today. I couldn't sleep last night (my mind started stressing about everything - and by everything, I mean money, midterms, my part-time job, and even future plans like how I'll get my cat to Montreal to fly home for Christmas {you can't take pets on the bus}... yes, I worry about these things...).

Bank balance today = $2,071.

Anyway. I was pretty tired this morning, so I figured it would be okay to skip Perception. Our teacher, Professor Bacon (and that's pronounced Bah-cogn, or something - he's French), puts his class notes and slides on the common drive at school, so I can get them later. That's the first time I've skipped that class. I dragged myself to Testing (aka psychometrics), then went to the library to do some studying until my computer lab started.

This week my lab strategy has consisted of going only to get a copy of the assignment, then leaving. I find I'm not learning Java so well, and sitting there being frustrated and feeling stupid isn't really the best use of my time. Today I came home and started teaching it to myself. I do attend all the classes, but I don't find the way Professor Vouliouris (he's Greek, can you tell?) teaches helps me very much. I keep hoping it'll just click one of these days, but that hasn't happened yet. And I haven't been focussing too much on this class since there's no midterm to prepare for and not much to stress about just yet. Except those three assignments piling up on me. Well, I'm almost through one of them after spending this afternoon struggling through class slides and the book dilly was kind enough to send me Expresspost(!), The Complete Idiot's Guide to Java. That's me, the Complete Idiot. So far...

Today I went to make myself a cup of coffee and I neglected to put the filter in the coffee maker. Not a recommended course of action. I went with tea instead.

Also, I skipped my History of Psychology class. That's the only one I've missed so far in that one, too. I've talked to a couple other people in that class and there's sort of a consensus that the lectures aren't all that useful. Nobody takes notes because they don't really know what the purpose of the lectures is. So missing this one won't hurt, I figure. I did, however, go to Korvette and bought myself some $1.00 wine glasses (just two).

Oh! Good news for Pammy P. and Tone-L. They got their house! And take possession next month. Nice work, guys!

Back to the books now.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home