jeudi, septembre 30, 2004
  student living
Today I got stuck behind a train.

There are two sets of tracks to cross on my route to school. As I was approaching my usual crossing spot (on Depot Street), I could hear the train coming (by the obnoxious horn and the rattling of the cars), and I saw a few students hastily hopping the tracks. I wasn't around the corner yet where I could see which direction it was coming from, so I wasn't about to make a mad dash when I didn't even know how close it was. But I should have.

As I got to the tracks there it was. Three engines. Hauling a l-o-t of cars. I started walking alongside the train, so close that if it had tipped over, I would've been under it. I got all the way to College Street where a small crowd of students was gathering (what are they thinking passing through town right when class is about to start?). So we stood. And we waited...

It felt like a long time, since I was well aware of precisely how long I had to get to class, but it was probably only five minutes or so. Long enough for a crowd of thirty or forty students to amass. Sheesh.

Check out this handy visual aid:



Okay, enough messing around. Time to study!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home