mardi, septembre 28, 2004
 
When you have several pressing things to do, sometimes you don't choose the most pressing item to devote time to. I was a little behind in my European Politics reading, so did some of that this afternoon, but then I went online to our university journal and periodical database and did a bunch of research for my paper, which isn't actually due until November 15. Probably better to keep on reading for the midterms next week, Stace...!

I have to say again that I'm really quite impressed with the resources we've got, though. I've been able to find the full text of every article I've wanted to read through these various databases. And Bill (our cute instructor) said Bishop's doesn't have the best resource materials. Maybe he doesn't know about this here new internet-thing. Or maybe I'm missing something...?

Anyway, I took a break from my work for a second to read some news and found a funny article on MSNBC about the upcoming US presidential debates. An excerpt:

"The candidates may not ask each other direct questions, but may ask rhetorical questions." So, Kerry can’t ask, "Mr. President, what are you going to do to ensure a swift transition to democracy in Iraq," but he can ask, "Just how dumb are you?"—a rhetorical question that always stumped me when I was a kid. I mean, if you think about it, there really is no good answer.

Funny. From this article.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home