mercredi, septembre 01, 2004
  will it ever end!
Okay, this is really going to be my last post from this position. And you should know this position actually involves typing on my knees in front of my desk. Today I'm going to get all my packages off in the mail / courier / whatever. My computer will be packed and ready for transport (on the plane).

I have been much much too stressed this week, and I still have a bit to get done this morning, but last night I made some good progress. My mom did an excellent job on my kitchen yesterday. She took away all the dishes and food I'm leaving behind. And Oh my God I'm leaving a lot of dishes behind. We had a little debate about how many dishes I was going to need, something like this:

Mom: How many dishes do you want to bring?
Stace: I don't know - four of everything?
Mom: FOUR? How about two?
Stace: TWO? Can we compromise on three? I don't want to be washing dishes everytime I want to eat something!
Mom: Okay, three.

Man!

Thank God for my friends. Tone-L had invited me over for dinner last night, so my new lack-of-food-and-dishes status worked out okay. We had a nice meal of chicken and fresh-garden potatoes and beans. It was dee-lish. Oh, and the beers I had on the patio while he cooked helped a bit too. He was off to pick up Pammy at the airport (she's been in Los Angeles for the past several days - Miss World Traveller). And I came home to pack. Luckily, they picked me up shortly afterwards and we headed to BU for a late cocktail. It's so nice to have Pammy home. She once packed up her life and moved to Istanbul, so she can relate to what I'm going through with the decisions about what's important enough to bring with me. So we enjoyed a couple beverages, some Lucky Strikes, and they dropped me off.

I had a burst of energy around 12:30 last night (the trance music I broke out helped) and managed to get finished with my bedroom and clothes. Two boxes ready to ship, one to store, one big suitcase of stuff for the next week or so 'til we get there and the stuff arrives. I also divided my livingroom in half and placed all the "leave" items on one side and the "take" items on the other. It helps to have a visual for just how much stuff still needs to be forced into boxes. I'm a little nervous about packing my computer monitor. Hell, I'm nervous about packing a litter box for the cat - when your cat is in transit all day, when and where does she relieve herself...?

Again. Man!

Anyway. Time to get out of the house for some breakfast. And then, you know, more packing. See you at the par-tay. 8:00. Bottoms Up!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home