lundi, septembre 27, 2004
  zzz...
Today was a bit of a write-off. It's one of my heavy class days, so I was busy attending all of them, but I was kinda in zombie-mode, due to the extreme fatigue. After a weekend of getting up too early, being too stressed and being unable to unwind Sunday night, I'm just plain exhausted. Tried doing some reading after dinner tonight, but I was falling asleep already at 8:00. So I told myself I could have a nap. Now it's 11:00 and I'm only barely awake. School work is going to have to wait 'til tomorrow. I wish I didn't have to work (at the restaurant) next weekend. Preparing for midterms is going to be a little challenging if it's anything like this past weekend. I can't really take the time off, either, since I've already requested the following weekend (Thanksgiving).

I suppose I was somewhat productive today. I did attend all my classes, so that always gives me a good understanding where I am in my reading relative to where the prof is in our lectures. I visited Dr. Stout to read examples of papers turned in by previous students for our historiographical biography assignment. He isn't providing much in the way of instructional criteria or copies of the aforementioned papers, so reading others he considers "good" is kinda useful. Also kinda lame, though, because the papers are rather tedious to go through. Our topic, in case you forget, is explaining the history of our decision to major in psychology. Wading through personal stories isn't as fascinating as you might hope. It doesn't feel very much like an objective assignment - our grades will depend on our ability to write combined with how compelling our "contextual history" is. It's basically a creative writing endeavour, not a product of our understanding of the history of psychology. Dumb.

I also hung up my "turkey poster". This is the public outreach I'm doing in order to secure a ride to Moncton for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that some kind soul has the space and the inclination to transport a passenger to the Maritimes next weekend in exchange for gas money. We'll see how that goes.

I better tackle some reading and hit the sack.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home