samedi, octobre 30, 2004
  End of October status report
I’m struggling a bit lately, I find. Because my life is so school-focussed, and I feel like ALL I’m supposed to do in my free time is read, read, read, I’m not having such an easy time staying motivated. Three of my classes have really BORING readings (all my psychology classes – imagine that), so it’s super-hard to get psyched up for reading more about what constitutes a “revolution” in scientific paradigms (for history) or the tricks the brain uses to perceive depth in the visual scene (for perception) or what size correlation coefficient is acceptable in psychological research (for testing).

And all of a sudden my politics paper is due in TWO WEEKS. I was a keener in late September and did some preliminary research, saving numerous articles on the European Union to my computer, but since then they’ve kinda just sat there, and I haven’t made any progress in the actual doing of the paper.

This week I have three midterms. Perception (in two parts), worth another 25% of my final mark; Testing, worth 12.5%, and Computer, worth 10%. I also have to hand in my data for our class project in Testing (we each tested eight people and have to score the questionnaires after a follow-up session).

So today I’m going to Scott’s place again for more Java practice. Since we got a sneak peek at the midterm last week, we are able to predict what will likely be on the next version, and well, it’s probably going to be harder, and cover some topics I haven’t quite mastered yet. I have so much other reading to do I’m having a hard time deciding which of my other subjects to bring with me to tackle as well.

A side benefit of going to Scott's for homework help is just being able to get out of town. As mentioned previously, he has a place in North Hatley in the middle of the beautiful country, and it is a huge change from where I usually do my work:

(click pic for larger image) (this picture was taken THIS morning by Scott, when he came to pick me up for my Java lessons - cool, huh?)

I’ve started thinking about next semester already. They posted the new timetable, so I can begin to plan the classes I want to take. I only need to take one psychology course, so I’m free to take five electives of my choosing on top of that. I’m looking at taking a couple more politics courses, a history class, and a philosophy class. I haven’t determined what my sixth class should be.

I better get to work now.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home