jeudi, octobre 28, 2004
  getting ripped off by my library
Some things really infuriate me. Paying fifty cents per day in overdue fines PER ITEM is one of them. Items at the library can only be checked out for two weeks (not very long, in my view), and they can only be renewed by lugging them BACK to the library and re-checking them out, assuming nobody has placed a hold on them. Coming from Calgary, where I was a frequent user of the public library, maybe I've been spoiled by being able to renew items ONLINE, being able to check items out for THREE weeks, and the nominal overdue fines (they're so insignificant that I don't even remember the amount).

Why is it that Bishop's University, who is already taking a bazillion of my dollars in tuition fees AND student fees, feels that it can further GOUGE me on overdue fines? Fifty cents is completely unreasonable. I'm a STUDENT, for God's sake. That equals BROKE, in case you forgot. So give me a break.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home