vendredi, octobre 15, 2004
  Huckleberry Pie: no mail today
It's my first weekend of un-employment (this time around), so I'm relaxing for once on a Friday night. I should be doing some homework, but I don't feel like it just yet. I had a power-learning session with Scott today, and my brain's a little burnt out. We've got that Java midterm Thursday, though, so over the next few days I will be devoting a lot of my time to mastering the basics.

Scott came well-prepared for today's session: a bunch of small programming exercises to help me get a feel for things. I had kinda thought that type of approach might be useful. I didn't exactly power my way through, but I think I learned enough for one day. It's good to have someone to help me; I get pretty frustrated when I don't understand this stuff right away.

I handed in my History paper today. On time! That's new for me.

A girl just came to my door to borrow my corkscrew. That made me think I should drink wine too. So I am.

In other school news, we started learning about colour vision in Perception today. I learned that if you combine coloured lights, you get white light. If you combine coloured paints, however, you'll eventually get black. Puzzling...?

In Testing we're learning about "norms". That is, in standardized testing, there is always a standardized sample of the population that has been tested already, providing you with supposedly representative scores which you then compare your obtained test results to. Also, a review of basic stats: in a normal distribution, ninety-five percent of scores are contained within plus or minus two standard deviations of the mean. Got it?

There are only seven more weeks of classes, people. Tick, tick, tick...

Also, I feel good about the quitting decision. It's a huge weight off my shoulders already to have this weekend free to study for my next midterm. Thanks for everybody's support on that. So when I call you begging for a couple boxes of Kraft Dinner, could you help me out?! or maybe some toilet paper...? Heh.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home