jeudi, octobre 07, 2004
  I'm leaving soon
Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for Moncton. Some kind girl saw my sign and called to offer me a ride as far as Fredericton. Well, she's charging me $50, so that kinda works out for her. My dad is picking me up in Fredericton. And I'm planning to take the bus back to Sherbrooke on Monday/Tuesday (I think it's an overnight ride - eighteen hours...!).

Now that I don't have any midterms to stress about I'm a little restless. I hate packing, so even though I'm only going for the weekend, I'm struggling with what to bring. The other issue is that it all has to be packed small enough that I can walk to school with my two backpacks, since that's where she's meeting us (another girl is coming too).

I dropped off my house key to Derek, my co-worker at Sebby's, so he can check in on Salsa this weekend. My dishes are done. My house is neat. My bags are out. Now... what to put in them...?

I was going to bring some homework with me too. I got another Java book from the library, but it's BIG, so now I'm re-thinking that plan. I'm bringing my readings from the History of Psychology, since I'm behind on the "Readings Diary" we're supposed to keep for this class. I'm bringing a book about the European Union - some background material for my paper due in November. And I'll probably work on my History paper while I'm away too. So much for taking a "break"!

To put things in perspective, though ('cause I'm all about maintaining perspective), there are ONLY eight more weeks of class after Thanksgiving. Then exams, and first semester is over and done with. Yikes. I better hurry up and learn.

Also, I have an urge to play the piano. Only, you know, I don't have one. And Dad doesn't have his anymore. I tried getting into the music building on campus the other day but didn't have any luck. You need a security code to get to the "practice rooms" and nobody official was around to help me out with that. I *am* still officially a music major too, so I might be allowed to get the top secret code.

GRR. I don't feel like packing.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home