mardi, octobre 19, 2004
  mother tongue
My profs:

(a) have interesting accents that makes for the occasional interesting pronunciation of words, and

(b) use interesting words sometimes.

For instance, Professor McKelvie (my Testing prof) is Scottish. He's been in Canada a long time, so he's not super-accented, but he still rolls his Rs a lot. The other day, I was noticing his pronunciation of "criterion". It sounded like CRRY-TEERR-EE-ON. He also has very long Es.

Professor Bacon (for Perception) is French (likely Quebecois, I think). He just makes interesting translation errors. Like SUBSTRACTION instead of subtraction (because in French it's soustraction). He actually makes a lot of errors simply in syllable emphasis.

Bill, well, he's Canadian, and has perfect English. But one day I made a note because he was pronouncing "profitable" as pro-FIT-able. And I thought that was strange. What's up with that, Professor Hogg?

What can I say about Dimitri? He likes to pick on me. He knows I don't know what's going on in that class, but he has this thing about picking "someone who has never talked in class before". That would be me. Professor Voulioris is actually a pretty entertaining teacher, and doesn't talk funny.

Yesterday, in THE MOST BORING HISTORY CLASS EVER, Professor Stout was rambling on and on about the Greeks and Homer, then he moved on to Plato. He mentioned a discussion from his "Plato Group" (huh?). But I thought it was funnier to think of it as his "play-doh group". Heh.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home