dimanche, octobre 24, 2004
  rustic and charming
I had fun in N. Hatley yesterday. Scott has a cozy house on a big piece of land on the hill above the town (at least, that's how it seemed to me - I'm new in that town, of course). The place has nice big West-facing windows, so it was quite pretty to look out at the fall colours with the sun setting behind the trees and over the distant hills. Very peaceful.

So we did more Java, as planned. Some fancy two-dimensional array stuff, just to give my brain a workout. I've got 'til Wednesday to master everything (that's the day of the practical part of the midterm).

Then Scott got to work preparing lasagnas for his evening guests. The guests arrived. We ate. We played poker. We drank. It was fun.

When we were leaving around 2-ish to bring me back to L'ville, we took a minute to do some stargazing while the car warmed up (and de-frosted - brr... chilly night). I haven't seen that many stars in a long time. And when you're seeing them in the middle of the un-light-polluted countryside, not only do you see more, but they seem to twinkle a lot more. Again, fabulous. I was reminded of this time last year, when I was doing some stargazing on a beach in northern California. This is the time last year when me and Pammy P. took our trip to San Francisco.

Speaking of Miss Pammy - today is her birthday. Let's all sing the song...
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Miss Pamela..
Happy Birthday to you!

 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home