jeudi, octobre 21, 2004
  travel flashback
I took the bus back to L'ville from Moncton after Thanksgiving. It was a long night with many stops. My seat-mate and her boyfriend were smokers, so they got off at every stop to inhale as much as they could. I got off each stop, too, just to break the monotony and give my butt a break from sitting.

In Riviere du Loup we had a 50-minute stop. At some dinky little hotel. It had a restaurant. And it had a bar. But, for whatever reason, the woman working at the bar informed anyone who would ask that she couldn't serve bus passengers. That's an odd rule, sorta. I mean, I see the reasoning behind it (you don't want drunk people on your overnight bus ride), but I kinda wonder how they'd enforce it if you just lied and said you were actually a motel guest (since she was asking people if they were from the bus). I didn't have my heart set on a drink or anything, so I just joined the woman as she watched Wife Swap (or something).

There was a pool table in the adjoining room. So I played a game of pool. By myself. I won!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home