jeudi, novembre 25, 2004
  <dork>
I'm reading Plato for my History class. And Socrates just said something that reminded me of a Java concept I learned in my computer class: recursion. I don't understand it very well, but it's something like code that circles back on itself without you having to really define a clear action. Socrates and Meno are debating about the meaning of virtue, and can't quite come to a clear definition yet. Excerpt from the Meno:

It follows then from what you agree to, that to act in whatever you do with a part of virtue is virtue, for you say that justice is a part of virtue, as are all such qualities... You say that every action is virtue if it is performed with a part of virtue, as if you had said what virtue is as a whole, so I would already know that, even if you fragment it into parts.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home