dimanche, novembre 28, 2004
  student report, part x++
So NOT interesting:

In examining the relationship between For and Against ratings (on the QCP) and a sentence proposed for a hypothetical crime, we see an acceptable level of association with an obtained result of .195 in the For group and .177 in the Against group, both of which are significant at the .01 level (2-tailed). We also see a correlation deemed to be strong between QCP scores and decision to select death as a form of punishment, both in the For and Against categories, with significant results of .706 in the For category and .690 in the Against category.

...yeah, I’m working on my second Testing project. At 4:30 in the morning. I feel surprisingly okay about being awake at this insane hour. After sleeping four or five hours, I heard the kids get home from the bar a while ago, and I figured why not get up…? I keep dreaming about this stupid project anyway – better to be plodding through. Especially since I’m meeting with my team later today to assemble our various components – the project is due Monday.

I’ve kinda figured out that I got stuck with the more labour-intensive section. With our focus in class on studying Norms, Reliability and Validity in the testing process, these concepts are supposed to be our focus, and mine specifically is Validity. The validity section of the assignment has about double the amount of items as the other two. I’m the sucker...Oh well. Guess it helps me learn.

Friday night, instead of being a lame-o and staying home to work on this, I went over to CP's place to watch The Lord of the Rings. I haven't seen that movie since it was in the theatres, so that was fun. And don't worry, despite the SAQ employees still being on strike (that's the Quebec liquor store association), I managed to score a bottle of red wine at the Provigo. I told you we'd be okay. CP doesn't drink, anyway, so I didn't even have to share. Heh.

The students in L'ville order lots of food for delivery (when we lived here in 95-ish, even Club McDo delivered). I hadn't allowed myself this little indulgence since being back this year, but I was feeling rather lazy last night, so it seemed like a good time to order Combo Number 5 from Village Grec - that's the mini poutine and gyros souvlaki if you don't know. Dee-lish (I'm getting hungry again). I haven't been eating all that well lately (lacking ambition to cook; recently suffered the misfortune of a bunch of my freezer meat being spoiled; worrying about money so trying to avoid buying groceries), but I likely gained a couple pounds ingesting that little grease fix. Nothing wrong with a little gravy and cheese curds over your fries once in a while, eh?

Yeah, I gotta get back to work now. I know you're dying to know how it all turns out, this project on Attitudes toward Capital Punishment. Or, more specifically, and yet equally rivetting, "the Psychometric Properties of Questionnaire..." regarding same. Eep.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home