jeudi, décembre 30, 2004
  2005 preview
Today was a day of exciting developments in my world. Here's the scoop:

Since I have to take six courses next semester in order to finish my degree, my tuition costs will be higher, and the loan money I'm getting isn't quite going to cover my living expenses. I knew I would need to find alternative sources of funding at some point, and I'd discussed with various family members the possibility of co-signing for a student line of credit for me. As a non-income-earning full-time student, I apparently have a net worth of approximately negative sixteen thousand dollars and change. How life-affirming, huh?

Since frou is in the best financial position of the family at this time (other than my step-father, but he's not blood, so he doesn't count...?), she agreed that it made sense for her to co-sign.

So we went to the bank today and met with Jo-Ann, who was training a younger employee to handle these types of situations, apparently. I like my bank for the most part, but everytime I have to actually meet with someone, I'm quite amazed at the level of incompetence I see. It's like these people have never used their own software before, and this is the Royal Bank...! Sheesh.

Anyway, we spent close to an hour giving them all my information, then frou giving them all her information, signing some documents. Talk about your intensely slow-paced information gathering. Jo-Ann called later in the afternoon to tell me that my application had been approved (thanks, frou!). I now have an additional $5,000 at my disposal for the semester, should I find that I am in need of it. It is my goal to use that as little as possible (a girl doesn't need eight different sources of debt re-payment looming upon going back to real life), but I'll have a better idea how my budget looks after I get back to school, finalize my class selections and purchase several over-priced textbooks.

It's not super-thrilling, but I'm able to relax a little now that I know I'll have enough money.

On the other hand, THIS is super-thrilling news:

I'm going to Prague!

It's true! Pammy P. and I had been talking about taking a trip to Europe on my spring break, and since she's a travel agent and can scope out the good deals and get coupons and stuff from tour companies and airlines (I think those are some of her perks anyway...), we decided Prague would work. She booked our tickets today. We're SO excited. Pammy lived in Budapest for a while and she's really missing Europe, and, well, I've never been anywhere outside North America, so this is a fabulous opportunity to experience a little more of this big world. Thanks, Pammy!

Cool, eh?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home