mardi, décembre 07, 2004
  breakdown
So I'm an idiot. After my midterm in computer class, I basically stopped going to the labs (since it's so hard to learn in that environment anyway) and maybe haven't been as diligent as I should have been about learning the requisite knowledge the class has been taught over the past few weeks. But, then again, in my defense, I have been extremely busy with other projects and midterms. And did I mention I got an 84 on the midterm..?

I do quite like being a student, but in case anyone forgets, it IS actually stressful a lot of the time. And you know, you can't be productive and effective every single day. Sometimes you need time to slack off and veg a bit. It's about balancing and time management. I've been re-discovering the facets of this concept this time around.

Today was Day Three of Java-cram-session-with-Scott (my final is Thursday). And I totally hit a wall. I'm learning graphics - how to create a window (or, "Frame") with various components in it, like buttons and sliders that react and interact in different ways to being clicked. It's an exercise in complication, I've learned. We got to a point where he was asking me to do some fairly basic stuff that I KNOW how to do, but COULD NOT come up with the solution. So despite maybe needing to devote more time to learning, concluding that the absorption point had reached near zero, Scott, CP and I opted instead to go drink beer at the Lion. Yes, this IS a constructive approach on certain occasions.

Cheers to a pitcher of Keith's!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home