mercredi, décembre 01, 2004
  cooking 101
I did something a little bit stupid last night. I had just completed all the things I had planned for "regrouping and decompressing" day. I watched Cold Case, Desperate Housewives and The Amazing Race; I painted my nails (va-va-voom); I napped (in lieu of exercising).

Then CP stopped by. He figured since he was in my neighborhood (i.e. the Provigo region of Lennoxville), he'd come by to say hello. I insisted that he stay and visit for a bit, and offered to cook the pizza that he'd bought so he could eat dinner. So I heated up the oven, put in the pizza and set the timer.

A short time later, I noticed a sharp burning smell and a small cloud of smoke above my stove. Stupid me. I tend to keep stuff on the two burners that I never use, but I forgot in this case that the oven vents into one of them, and the heat was so intense, that it began to melt my cell phone charger...! And yeah, it's melted just enough that my phone no longer fits into it. Dumb Stacey.

It's not a major hardship really, since I don't use my cellphone in L'ville, and can rarely get a signal anyway - I don't even have my current number memorized. I suppose it might bother me more when I get back to Calgary and the service actually works. Still, not too bright of me.

I'm off to class - the absolute FINAL lecture I must endure by Dr. Stout (History of Psychology, in case you forget). Woot.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home