jeudi, décembre 09, 2004
  EXAMS! Day one.
It is 7:55 AM. My computer exam is at 2:00 this afternoon. I will be doing my final crash course session with Scott this morning, desperately praying that:

(a) I manage to achieve comprehension on the most critical topics I need;
(b) My brain doesn't freeze up after such a long java-session;
(c) The exam is not too challenging;
(d) If the exam IS challenging, I still pass (and, you know, don't freak out).

Let me tell you quickly about what I've been learning the past few days. It's a lot of graphics stuff. Here is my masterpiece from yesterday:

So basically I have to tell Java that I want to add all of these items to my "JFrame", and then I have to customize them (i.e. which numbers do I want on my slider, what is the button called, etc.). That is obviously not a live sample, but in the actual program, when you click the button, the program reads the number from the slider (which also works) and then randomly distributes coloured circles on my grid, based on a formula that I also had to create for it.

That one hurt my head; it's a lot of components to manage. The coloured-dot grid is actually an array which required a double For loop to "iterate" over each spot to assign the random placements of colour. Ouch.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home