mercredi, décembre 29, 2004
  fa-la-la-la-la la la-la-la
A few days before Christmas I went over to frou's house to help her wrap presents. Frou's the big money-maker in our family so she's pretty generous with the presents at Christmas time. There was a good amount of wrapping to do, what with the giant Dora doll for Ella, hockey equipment for Kyle, make-up and dress-up stuff for Caia, Lord of the Rings trilogy (twelve discs!) for Mom and Dalt, heatable pain-relieving bean-bag thing for Gina, clothes for me(!), socks and frying pan for Kris, beauty products for Tannis.

As we were wrapping, frou realized that she didn't have any name tags to put on the gifts. Since they seemed to be reasonably easy to identify, I told her I'd just label them when I brought them back to Mom's place. She tried using a colour-coded bow system (white for Gina, etc.) but I didn't really pay attention. I brought the gifts home, confidently labelled the gifts for their intended recipients and placed them under the tree.

On Christmas morning as we were unwrapping presents, I handed Gina her bean-bag box to open, which she unwrapped only to find that it was actually a pair of dress-up shoes and tiara intended for Caia, who is 5. I felt like a bit of a dumbass, so I hastily dug around under the tree for the box labelled for Caia, thinking IT must contain Gina's present. So she opened present number two, to discover a delightful Lord of the Rings 12-disc trilogy, which was intended for Mom and Dalton. Well, now I felt like an even bigger moron, and again searched frantically for Gina's real present, which I found and she opened on the third attempt.

I have been relieved of wrapping and labelling duties. Doh!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home