lundi, décembre 20, 2004
  a trip story, with turbulence and everything
"Folks, this is the captain speaking. Looks like it's going to be pretty rough on the way down, and likely rougher when we get closer to the ground."

Buckle up, eh. I have to admit, I was a little scared for a certain portion of the flight. There was some swearing. Of course, they had already collected headsets and shut down the TV service, and for whatever reason the use of discmans is prohibited (do they interfere with the plane's navigational systems...? I don't see it.). But I was determined to do something to distract myself from the fear of death, so I grabbed the in-flight magazine and my discman (shh!) and cranked up some relaxing Chris Botti. I'm glad I was next to the window, too, 'cause it helped to look down at the ground and know that we weren't plunging toward it or anything. Sheesh.

It was a long day of travelling yesterday. I awoke before 6 and got up to finish my packing and organizing. Scott picked me up around 9-ish, we hit club McDo, then headed to Sherbrooke for the 10:00 bus to Montreal. The bus ride was relaxing and uneventful. I arrived in Montreal with perfect timing for the bus to the airport, then found myself with several hours to kill before my flight. I ate at Burger King, browsed the shops, called frou (collect!), and read Vanity Fair.

The flight was long and, well, you've read about the turbulence. The nice thing was that this plane was equipped with personal television screens for everyone, so I watched a bunch of shows... Law & Order, Cold Case, something about Divas on MuchMoreMusic... When the turbulence hit and they shut down the entertainment, I was right in the middle of Desperate Housewives, so I didn't get to see the ending... GRR.

My friends Pammy and Tone-L met me in Calgary as planned and we headed to the Northstone Pub for beers and a meal. Frou came out to join us too. I was starting to feel pretty fatigued by this time, so we didn't stay long, and headed over to their new house so we could have some wine and so I could meet their adorable new puppies. Baby animals are just the cutest. I'm not really a dog person, but I like puppies, so Guinness and Murphy are alright. They licked me and sniffed me and I think we're friends now.

We chatted and got caught up for a while, but they had to work today and I was pretty beat, so we didn't stay up too late. I had an excellent sleep in their guest room on a super-comfy double (or queen?)-sized bed. Ahhh....

Today I'm over at my mother's place relaxing and spending some time with Gina and the kids. It's nice to have nothing I need to do.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home