mardi, janvier 04, 2005
  ...and back again
Well, it's my last night in Calgary this time around. It's been a nice trip filled with lots of laziness and visits with family. I've been sleeping longer and longer each night that I'm here, and haven't had a lot of ambition to get a lot done. I managed to watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, extended version this week, though - who knew I was such a fan? Just so you know, Frodo drops the ring (and Gollum) into the fire at the end and they all live happily ever after. Except the orcs, and their big badass leader-dude.

My skin is definitely ready for a more humid climate. You forget how dry it is in Calgary until you get here and your skin gets all flaky and itchy. Not fun.

In school news, I am still waiting for my final mark in my politics class (the cute instructor isn't so prompt). Sheesh. But I did have a chance to review my class selections for the coming semester and think I'll stick with what I've chosen. Two politics classes, two history classes, one religion class and one psychology class. Eep. Classes start next Monday. Of course, I still have to get permission from my dean to take six classes, but with my reasonable performance in the first semester, I don't see how he wouldn't see fit to grant his approval.

I'm kinda not looking forward to tomorrow's day of travel. I leave Calgary at 10 AM, stop briefly in Toronto, then land in Montreal just before 6 PM. Then I gotta figure out how to get myself and my four suitcases (yeah, I never said I packed light...) on to a bus to the downtown bus station in order to catch a second bus to Sherbrooke. I'm not sure if that bus will take me into Lennoxville or not (some do, some don't...), so I might then be hopping in a cab to 192 Queen Street. Camel, donkey, rowboat...! Long day, man. I suppose I shouldn't complain - CP has a much longer journey back from Sweden, with the same type of chaos, only with a much longer flight... It'll be nice to see that cute Swede again.

My family and friends have taken good care of me and have been very generous over the holidays. I'm heading back to L'ville with some good loot and provisions for the semester, and each one of my family members have offered to help out with my financial needs, so I'm feeling quite appreciative of their support. The stressed-out student doesn't like to worry about money!

I hope the weather is a little more mild in Quebec. Here in Calgary we've been suffering a nasty cold snap for the past several days with temperatures between minus 20 and minus 25. When I get to Lennoxville, I would like to see a few feet of snow and have temperatures around minus 10, if the weather gods might permit.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home