mardi, janvier 25, 2005
  minus twenty-nine
So I went to class this morning all psyched to "present" my research topic to the class. We were supposed to come up with a few possible research questions and a few answers to those questions. I was pretty thorough, because I wasn't sure how narrowed-down we were supposed to get on our policy area.

When Bill started the class, though, he said, "it's your choice: either divide in groups and present your stuff to your group, or come up one by one." Obviously the class voted for group work instead of class presentations.

At least I figured out that I have a good grasp on where we're supposed to be at this point. Bill was making the rounds to each group and came by ours when we were discussing my presentation, and gave some encouraging feedback.

One thing that's funny is that in learning how to do research in the social sciences, we're kinda duplicating a bunch of stuff that I've learned already in psychology. Dependent and independent variables, validity and reliability of research (we covered that at length in my psychometrics class last semester), etc. I'm going to be a champ. Heh.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home