jeudi, janvier 20, 2005
  no more limbo
Today was the "Add/Drop Deadline" for classes; I made a couple changes.

I added Philosophy of Religion (that was the plan all along after I got permission to take six classes from my dean). I dropped "Constitution/Law/Canadian Government" and replaced it with "Introduction to Political Analysis". And the funny thing is that I was motivated to drop the former because it involved a lot of work and a class presentation. The class I picked up in its place also involves a lot of work, and, rather ironically, requires that I do several small class presentations, culminated at the end of the semester by one major presentation. What the hell have I got myself into?

Well, on the upside, the class does not have a midterm or a final exam. It is also taught by Bill, the cute instructor. I went to see him the other day to get some academic advice and he encouraged me to take his class (he totally likes me, don't you know), so I'm in. Tuesdays and Thursdays will henceforth be known as "stress days", as I nervously anticipate my various public speaking endeavours. Eep. Oh yeah, another good thing - this class fits my schedule where I wanted to pick up something - on Tuesday/Thursday mornings, to force me to get moving. See my updated schedule over there -->.

So, it's time to buckle down and get some work done. For both of my history classes we have to hand in an essay outline prior to doing a term paper, so I'm planning to make significant progress on my Prague research (1968, not 2005!) this weekend. I have a quiz in Cognitive next week, and although the textbook I ordered from Amazon has not yet arrived in the mail, there was a copy in the library that I've checked out in the meantime. For my political analysis class, we have to pick a public policy area to research, come up with some research questions and formulate a few potential hypotheses based on the questions. I'm planning to do something on Environmental Policy, and maybe specifically something about the Kyoto Protocol. There's a midterm in Modern Government in two weeks. And I need to start my research for my other history paper (N. America since 1860 class), the assigned topic being: compare and contrast Mexico's involvement in World War II with Canada's. We've been learning about WWI in my 20th Century World class, so I figure we'll get to WWII soon and there will be some overlap. With six courses to juggle, I'm looking for as much overlap as possible.

And Mom, my care package arrived safe and sound on Tuesday (after sitting on my porch in minus 20 all day). After sufficient thawing, I took the chocolates to school and shared them with the J9 crew. I was subsequently pronounced "hero of the day" for my generosity (heroic acts are easy in L'ville). That honour should be shared with Mom and step-father Dalt, who gave me the treats in the first place. Heroes all around!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home