samedi, janvier 01, 2005
  The year I turned thirty...a recap (part 1)
When 2004 started, I was well entrenched in my life as the legal assistant to an "important" and busy securities lawyer, but I was pretty unhappy with the state of my life overall. It seemed that this latest move into a law firm had maybe not been a step up after all. It seemed that using my brain or exhibiting any manifestations of free will were frowned on by Floyd. Yet I trudged on, not really knowing what else I could realistically do at this point...

In automobile news, in February my car suffered three incidents: first a major break-in, consisting of a broken window and violent removal of my CD player; second, a minor theft of pocket change; third, a kind of hit and run resulting in some scratched paint and a loosened rear-view mirror. It was not Fred's month!

Then again, on June 11th when I awoke to a phone call from the police alerting me of my car being tipped on its side, Fred wasn't having his best day either...(!) Crazy hooligans!

Frou and I turned 30 on April 2, and we decided to commemorate the occasion with what I dubbed the "30th birthday roadtrip extravaganza". We flew to Vancouver, visited with our brother Kris for a bit, and drove our rental car across the border down to Seattle, to visit some places neither of us had been before. It was a nice break and fun trip away from our routine lives.

When I applied for a student loan, I expected to be rejected, and I expected to have to jump through many hoops to prove my worthiness for funding. School was not even in the cards if I could not obtain financing. But on July 2, I found out that I was eligible for a student loan, and my new course was set in motion. If I haven't mentioned lately that I hated working for Floyd, let me re-iterate my distate for the man. I was positively thrilled on August 5th to be able to walk in and hand him my letter of resignation.

I always said (and believed) I would never go back to Bishop's. Heck, I live in Calgary now, and Quebec is a long, long ways away... When I left the town of Lennoxville in 1997, I believed it was the last time I'd see the place. Additionally, my last semester was rather tarnished with the memory of a short-lived dating relationship in which the dude committed suicide. What if, what if, what if...

But returning to the school where you obtained your credits in the first place is pretty much the easiest and quickest way to finish what you started, and as much as I attempted to find other paths to travel, the route to Lennoxville surprisingly presented the least amount of obstacles. And so I went.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home