vendredi, février 11, 2005
  cranky Stacey strikes again
Most of my classes consist of a lot of first-year students. They seem so young, and they're the worst culprits for not-wanting-to-be-there-and-not-hiding-it-very-well. It's frustrating, when you're trying to listen to a lecture and to learn new material, to have these kids distracting you with their whispered conversations and random fidgeting or casual strolls to the washroom. I had to address the issue with a prof recently:

Dr. ---,
I'm wondering at what point the chatting of students (amongst themselves) during lectures merits some type of admonition. Those two girls this morning were extremely distracting, and I wish someone would remind them about respect for the teacher and for their fellow students. Just wondering if you think it's worth addressing, or alternatively, if you think it's something I should just handle myself...?

Regards,
Star Student


His response:

Hello Stacey,
I have already dealt with this through an email (which also lets the students know that I know who they are). I do not expect it to happen again.

Super-Prof


Take that, young'uns!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home