samedi, février 12, 2005
  exhausted student tales, chapter 22,570
I have to admit that I'm not handling the stress very well this week. I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with everything I need to get done in the next 6 weeks. After I get back from Prague, I have four major papers to write within two weeks. Throw in in a couple midterms and a quiz and I'm losing sleep over it already.

Yesterday, a Friday in which I was determined to take it easy for the latter half of the day - which I sorta did, watching about 4 hours of taped shows from the week - despite being exhausted and worn out, I still was unable to sleep for a few hours 'cause I just sit there wondering how the hell I'm going to get everything done.

I've determined that although those papers are due after the break, I'm going to need to get at least one of them done before I leave, and I think it will have to be my major presentation / paper for Political Analysis class. For that, I need to come up with a PowerPoint presentation and everything, so I've got my work cut out for me.

This past week, I didn't get everything done. The outline for my WWII paper remains outstanding - I figure I can afford to lose a couple marks to preserve my sanity. I'll hand it in on Monday. This coming week I've only got one midterm to worry about, on Friday. It's for 20th Century World, my favourite history class. But for Religion, he's giving us our assignment for our first major paper, which is due before the break. And next week I've got a midterm in Cognitive. So I'll be juggling these items (in addition to another NA-1860 debate) while simultaneously working on my research on environmental policy.

The problem with stress, too, is that it's rather paralyzing. Especially when you're not getting enough sleep. Usually I care a lot more than I have this week. But when you're feeling worn out and would prefer to sleep, but can't, and all six of your classes could use your attention, it's hard to know where to start, and hard to feel sufficiently motivated.

I like weekends, though. Gives me time to re-group and make a new action plan. I'm thinking that a few hours in the library today would be a good idea.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home