lundi, février 07, 2005
  gah - temptation
So I went to Provigo to do my 10%-off-for-students Monday grocery shopping (yep, I'm there every Monday). It was successful outing - the store was mostly empty and it seemed like everything I needed was on sale (every penny counts). I got to the cash to check out, and decided to request twenty dollars cash back to save myself a trip to the bank machine.

Now, at the end of their shifts, I've noticed that the cashier girls at Provigo get pretty surly. I might chalk it up to the rudeness of the French here in Quebec, but that might just be perpetuating a stereotype. I dunno - they're impatient to get done work, I suppose, so they're usually pretty cold, dismissive, and rushed.

The girl absently hands me forty dollars, instead of the twenty I'd asked (and paid) for. And you know you have that moment of temptation, thinking it would be so easy to just tuck that extra money in your wallet and walk home. I hesitated; I admit it. But then I got her attention (she was already on to the next customer) and handed it back to her. She didn't even look that appreciative that I'd saved her from being twenty dollars short.

I like to take care of my karma, though. What goes around comes around, eh!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home