dimanche, février 06, 2005
  I DO have a social life
I joke that "now that I'm in university, I don't party anymore". And it's true - for the most part, I'm living the clean life these days, spending my free time reading and studying. And that's the way it should be and needs to be right now, so it's cool.

This weekend, though, was a bit of re-visiting some old faces and spaces. I decided that I needed to see a women's basketball game (I used to play for the team, you know), so Friday evening I dragged CP over to the plex to watch the "Lady Gaiters" kick some McGill butt. It was a good game. At half-time I went over to buy myself a beer (yup, I had a beer) and noticed a familiar face pass by. Young Chris has grown up but he remembered me, so we had nice little chat. He's from Moncton, my younger brother's friend, but now lives in L'ville with his fiancee.

Friday I got an email from another old Bishop's pal, Mister Craig. Craig also grew up in my hometown (well, across the river from Moncton in Riverview), and we became friends here in L'ville back in 1992. We've kept in touch sporadically over the years, but have not seen each other since 1997. He was passing through town on his way to Sugarloaf and stopped to spend the evening drinking beer and wine with me. We had a really nice visit, laughing at some foolishness from our previous life here at Bishop's and getting generally caught up (and yeah, a little drunk). It was really refreshing to hang out with an old friend, and one who's my age. Sometimes all the youth in this place makes me feel like I'm pretty alone. Cheers to old friends, man.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home