mardi, février 08, 2005
  overload
I have two history paper outlines due tomorrow. For my Prague paper, I'm struggling a bit because although he's given us the broad topic, we're supposed to present our research in terms of a problem to be solved. I'm not sure what my approach should be. I came up with a couple tentative ones (and sorry, I haven't filled you all in on the background of the Prague Spring, but I'll get to that later... 'cause I know you're all dying to understand...).

1 - Why did the Soviet Union feel the need to intervene in the developments occurring in Czechoslovakia in August 1968, after standing by for several months?

2 - What WAS the relationship between Czechoslovakia and the Soviet Union that permitted such liberalization to occur in the first place, and did something specific incite the Soviets to put an end to it?

3 - Did Dubcek set out to initiate such dramatic change in his country? As it developed, did he realize the impact he was having?

Anyway, I don't know if these are very good questions, but I'll do more reading tonight and get it finalized. Nothing like a deadline to kick you into gear.

My other outline is a little more straightforward, because it's a simple "contrast and compare" the roles of Mexico and Canada in WWII. As I mentioned previously, the main issue I've been having is finding very much in the way of documentation regarding Mexico's involvement in the war. I ended up ordering that book (Strategy, Security and Spies...) from Chapters, so it should be delivered to me soon. What makes this outline a little different than the other one is that we have to do an annotated bibliography - I believe that involves not only listing our references, but making a note of how they will contribute to our papers. I've got my work cut out for me.

I'm totally going to miss the season finale of The Amazing Race tonight...

Also tomorrow is another quiz in Cognitive Psychology. Thursday is the midterm in Intro to Modern Government. Friday I have to take my references for my Cognitive paper to the prof for review (I've barely started that, but I'm fairly confident in my researching skills, so hopefully I'll be able to pull it all together). TOO. MUCH. RESEARCH. MAN.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home