dimanche, février 13, 2005
  student plan XIV
Well, I'm off to the library. I've selected three classes to focus on today: 20th Century World - preparing for the midterm on Friday; NA-1860 - touching up my essay outline, which I worked on last night and am pretty pleased with; Political Analysis - research on Environmental Policy stuff. Later I'm off to Scott's for poker Sunday.

In doing my research on Mexico and Canada's respective roles in World War II, I've discovered a shared aspect of participation. We both trained pilots. The Mexicans participated with the Americans in some bombing raids of the Philippines. There is a whole other side to this war that I know even less about, and that's the Pacific side. I think Japan was behaving a bit like Germany over there and invading China, and then maybe some other smaller countries in the region. After they bombed Pearl Harbor, you gotta know that the Americans would hunt them down, and good.

One thing I've begun to understand, too, is that their decision to use nuclear weapons on Japan is rather controversial. Hitler committed suicide in April 1945, and the war in Europe was effectively over by the end of May. With the Americans dropping those bombs (and TWO OF THEM) on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August, when maybe it was starting to be clear that the Japanese were not "winning", you gotta wonder whether it was really necessary. I think NO.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home