mercredi, février 02, 2005
  taking them out is not the same as READING them...
I've been slacking off on the updates lately. I kinda feel like I'm in class all the time. And I've stopped coming home for lunch some days, so I'm on campus between classes - having coffee, visiting the library, doing my reading.

I found this awesome book on Czech history leading up to the "Prague Spring" in 1968 and subsequent invasion by the Soviet Union. I'm such a history geek all of a sudden - I'm reading this book like it's a novel, just trying to absorb all the context of the events. It helps when you find books that are really well written, too. I think the field of history has made an effort over time to become more about the stories and context of historical events than just the who-what-when approach. But maybe not.. I'm new to this game.

I needed more sources for my Prague paper, anyway, so I took out five more books from the library, in addition to two general books about World War II, for my other paper. I'm amassing quite the stack of library material here at my place.

I've got a lot on my plate right now. Sorry if this is a repeat of current stresses, but it's kinda for my benefit, too: two history paper outlines and another paper's references (Cognitive) completed by next week; online debate re constitutions of N. American countries by Monday, midterm in Modern Government next Thursday. Ugh. I was thinking of changing my research area for Political Analysis, too, but I don't think I have time to spend researching topics - Bill wants us to commit to something by tomorrow. I guess I'll stick with environment / Kyoto stuff.

On my Cognitive quiz last week I got 14 out of 20. It's worth 5 percent, so 3.5. Not as good as I'd planned, but I'll work my way UP from here.

I'm off to do some yoga; gotta de-compress after this long day.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home