mardi, mars 22, 2005
  argh
Turns out that "roll" that I thought I was on wasn't such a productive one. I started strong but didn't get as far as I needed to on my Cognitive paper. It's still a work in progress, after a long day of struggling to get it done.

Earlier I took a short break from Cognitive to do a bit of history research for the next paper. I also attended my one class of the day, I visited the library (to pick up more research material) and Scott was kind enough to drop by and keep me company for a while. He also provided feedback on my draft paper. This is an excerpt:

In another interesting study, results have not indicated that older adults have limited attentional capacity in divided attention tasks (i.e. exposure to two stimuli at once). After adjusting for age-related differences observed in non-divided attention tasks, outcomes achieved by older subjects did not differ significantly from those of younger participants (Nilsson). Additional support for these findings may be observed in the results of Naveh-Benjamin et al., which have shown that performance is adversely affected when attention is divided at the encoding stage for memory, but reduced attentional resources at the retrieval stage do not impact on the ability to remember.

Tonight has been the night of many phone calls. My brother, my sister, my father, a would-be tenant for this apartment (he came by, too).

My paper has 1,400 words. Tomorrow morning whatever I can bulk it up to before 9:30 is what will have to do. I'm done for tonight.

Oh. And now that it's spring, the bugs have invaded. I've killed at least five mid-sized critters today. Did you experience this last spring, Tom?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home