mardi, mars 15, 2005
  cheese please
We're big on cheese in my family. I guess more specifically, it's frou and me who are the big cheese eaters; our brothers would get annoyed when we put too much cheese in the macaroni. We probably tried cheese on just about every possible food item when we were young - just to find out what worked (you can eat cheese on a lot of stuff, man).

So obviously we ate a lot of KD. But we weren't really brand-specific in our house. Nope, we shopped at the Co-op, and their house brand was "Harmonie" (maybe it still is; I haven't shopped there in a while). We absolutely loved the Harmonie mac and cheese, and extolled its wonders to all our friends. It really was better than Kraft, we said - because it was. We converted a lot of people to Harmonie back in the day.

Today I was walking home from politics class with my neighbour Brad, who is from Nova Scotia. We were discussing comfort foods. He likes bacon. I mentioned KD (because that's more my brand now). And he says, "well, I don't like Kraft - there's this brand back home...".

And I'm like, "HARMONIE?!"
Yes! he says. Hilarious.

It's funny to think that there's a Maritime kid ten years younger than me preaching the same thing that we did back then.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home