vendredi, mars 11, 2005
  glued to the desk
I'm off on my next project now, the 10-minute presentation for political analysis, for which I'm researching democratic reform in Canada (I have SO much work to do). The presentation is Tuesday. I have another paper due Monday, but it isn't first on the priority list. W/e, eh. Anyway, I just came up with a catchy new title for my presentation.

"Life's not fair: But our democratic institutions could try harder"

Yeah, maybe it's gay, but we're supposed to try and be catchy. That's all I've got for now. I'm reading a lot - it's actually quite interesting, this topic that doesn't usually make the news. Almost every province in Canada has begun the process of moving away from the current electoral system (first-past-the-post, or SMP). BC is having a referendum this spring to decide on implementing a new proportional representation system. The federal government is probably slowest to make changes. There's the notion that the guys in charge aren't too motivated to change the system that got them there...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home