lundi, mars 07, 2005
  Prague points
They sure play a lot of Michael Jackson over there.

They served hot wine, which Pammy and I took quite a liking to, what with the chilly temperatures. They use the steaming arm of their cappuccino machines to heat the wine, then serve with sugar and lemon. Quite good.

It's hard to get a decent cup of plain old coffee. They have espresso, cappuccino, latte, and then something they call "Nescafe" (in some places), which is a lame attempt at coffee, I suppose. It tastes like instant coffee. I kinda got used to drinking espresso, with cream and sugar.

The hotels do not have facecloths (in neither Prague nor Amsterdam).

The main Czech food we tried was goulash. It's a basic beef stew consisting of beef, broth, and onions (which I removed). And if you order it with "dumplings", it comes with four round little slices of what seemed like processed white bread.

The cigarette packages also advertise doom and gloom. "Kouřeni může zabíjet", you know. That one means cigarettes cause death - I asked some dude to translate for me at Bombay. And yeah, I smoked a little in Prague. (BAD Stacey) And smoking is still allowed in pretty much all coffee shops, bars and restaurants. On our walking tour our guide told us that an unusually high rate of Czechs are smokers.

We drank a lot of Pilsner beer. I think it's originally a Czech-brewed beer. It's advertised as "Pilsner Urquell" mostly. They also had "Budvar". We tried it too.

With our walking tour we received a CD containing photos (lots), so I'll be posting some here over the next while. This is a picture of the National Museum above Wenceslas Square. I walked up to it and then did a mini tour of "new town" on our last day.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Also, I feel quite ill. I managed to catch a cold late last week (Pammy too) and it has only gotten worse with all the travelling chaos, not to mention the non-sleeping. Good time for hell month to be starting, eh.

It was a great adventure (I would love to go back sometime), but it's good to be home.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home