mercredi, mars 02, 2005
  Prague report: Day four
Today we accomplished stuff! Despite not being able to sleep AGAIN last night, we got UP this morning after just a couple hours of ZZZs.

To wake myself up, and while Pammy got ready, I took a stroll over to McD's for some kind of familiar breakfast. Only, they don't serve the same thing for breakfast here. I scanned the sorta bilingual menu for a breakfast list and got distracted by the "McLouisiana", the "McTexas" and "McMontana" sandwiches. I'm NOT making this up - they totally had all these state-specific burgers. I had to settle for "toast", which turned out to be a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. Who knew, eh.

We went to the Astronomical Clock to meet our tour guide at 11 AM. We had selected the "Grand Prague Tour" - a four hour walking tour including all the main points of historical Prague. Now, Pammy and I have sorta stumbled around a lot of Stare Mesto over the past few days looking for restaurants and bars, but it was useful to: (a) see it all in the daylight, and (b) hear about the history of it all. This place is as fabulous and as beautiful as you always hear. It is positively awe-inspiring to stand before or in some of the old churches, for instance, this one at the Prague Castle:

Yes, I was in THAT church today. It was huge and beautiful and rather indescribable. And WOW, was it cold in there. We've been pretty chilly all day, but inside that grand chapel was ultra-cold. I kept looking around for a fireplace.

After a quick afternoon nap, we went for dinner to Mama Lucy's for dinner tonight; it was good. We seem to be spending a lot of time on Dlouha Street. The other night, our long evening with American Andy and Irish Marcus (who charmed me with his fabulous Irish accent and by naming me "Private Ryan") was spent here at the Bombay Club, where we got totally ripped off, but that's a story for another day.

Private Ryan is signing off.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home