lundi, mars 21, 2005
  so many losers...
Yay, it's spring. It's been warming up around here; stuff's melting and stinking (ah, the lovely aroma of thawing dog shit).

Last night I decided to take a break from my non-productiveness (get that?) and join the crowd at Scott's weekly poker game (that would be Scott, Tom, Mike, CP, Devin and me all together). Devin cooked us a scrumptious feast of chicken chow mein beforehand, so we were all sated with food and wine before starting the game.

Last night was NOT my night. I just didn't have any good instincts or great hands, and lost my ten-dollar buy-in fairly quickly. But it was fun to hang out and chat with everyone as Devin cleaned out the rest of the table one by one. He walked away with the entire pot of $50; good payment for having slaved over dinner for us.

When I got home just before midnight, I had a burst of motivation and managed to get some of my first paper written. I'm starting fresh this week with a new commitment to getting stuff done, so despite being overdue on a couple of these, I WILL complete my tasks.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home